Is NEET compulsory for MBBS abroad
Yes now it is compulsory to clear neet to take admission for MBBS abroad.
NEET: National eligibility cum entrance test
The student, who is keen to take admission especially in MBBS in foreign countries, will now have to clear the NEET.
The Union health ministry on Tuesday i.e. 13 Feb ’18 approved the proposal by the Medical Council of India (MCI):
To make it compulsory to pass NEET to obtain an eligibility certificate (EC); in addition to pursuing courses in foreign medical colleges.
IS NEET COMPULSORY FOR MBBS ABROAD?
ACCORDING TO NEWS:
- The guideline prescribe that the Indian citizens or Overseas Citizen of India;
- Who is intending to obtain a primary medical qualification from any medical organization outside India?
- On or after May 2018, shall have to mandatory qualify NEET, for admission to MBBS course abroad.
2. BY HINDUSTAN TIMES
What did The health ministry say?:
- It has come to notice that medical organization / Universities of foreign countries admit Indian students.
- Appropriate judgment or screening of the students’ academic is not done
- Ability to cope up with medical education with the result that many students fail to qualify the exam”
Students after completing their basic degree from outside India have to clear the screening test FMGE.
To get a license and to practice in India.
FMGE is Foreign Medical Graduates Exam.
Every year, almost 6-7000 students go to mbbs course abroad.
Out of which only 10-15% clears the screening test which is very less amount of No.of students because most of the student finds this exam difficult.
So to improve the quality as well the quantity of the medical aspirant, therefore, this decision is taken
What Arun Singhal, joint secretary, the health ministry said about this matter?
- He said a lot about the quality of students as well as regarding education.
- What they are getting in return is a point of concern.
- At present, anyone who scores 50% in 12th boards is qualified to go abroad to study medicine.
- scoring 50% nowadays isn’t very difficult, which is why MCI proposed making NEET compulsory.
- In a foreign country citizens of India intending to obtain primary medical degree abroad, on or after May 2018, also have to mandatorily pass NEET.
- “This way we can also ensure that students going abroad to study are quality students,” said Singhal.
for more detail, you can watch our youtube video in addition…
Have you cleared NEET exam?
For any guidance and also help,
Career growth is helping students for admissions in Abroad for MBBS for countries such as China, Philippines, and Georgia. Career growth is one stop shop which helps in services such as University selection, Genuine Counselling, Application, visa and after visa services.
For Further information visit our website or contact us.