Iv. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University (TSU) was founded in 1918 by a western educated famous Georgian historian Ivane Javakhishvili and the group of his followers. It is the first University in Caucasian Region.
Medical Education in Georgia takes its beginning in 1918, from the foundation of Medical Faculty at the TSU In 1930 Faculty of Medicine was separated from the University and established as Tbilisi State Medical Institute. In 1995, the medical education has been re-stored at TSU as a University Faculty of Medicine – an independent structural unit.
Today TSU is a driving force behind Georgian higher education. The university’s main directions, principles, values and reforms are carried out dynamically in a systematic, coordinated manner and have placed TSU on a development path leading towards a common world and European Higher Education Area.
Today TSU is the largest university in Georgia with 7 Faculties more than 20 000 students and 1 500 academic staff members. TSU has eight campuses, 14 scientific-research and educational-research institutes, more than 100 laboratories and centres, libraries and the network of affiliated clinical hospitals and diagnostic centres.
MBBS programme covers 12 semesters (6 academic year) and 360 ECTS comprise an integrated program of study and final outcomes of the qualifications meet the requirements of the second cycle learning outcomes (Residency and PhD programs). Quality of education is assured by internal and external quality assurance mechanisms. External quality assurance is implemented by national education accreditation centre
Tuition fees: Rs. 3, 20,000 / year
Living cost: Rs. 1, 50,000/ year